Thursday, June 13, 2013

Coastal Eddy and The Marine Layer


It almost sounds like the name of a beach bar house band, doesn't it? What it means is that we're in that familiar weather pattern known as June Gloom: days on end that skew cool and cloudy, with even a bit of drizzle now and then. But Eddy Say Why The Long Face, Ace? The upside is being able to wear boots, lightweight sweaters and scarves for a few weeks longer.

This is one of my Weekend WIWarrior outfits. I decided with warmer weather on the way, if not in the immediate forecast, I needed a pair of jeans that are lighter in both weight and color. Darker washes are "safe" (e.g. slimming, not trendy) but since changing my hair color, the urge to add more light neutrals to my wardrobe has intensified.



I tried these boots on when we were in London and loved them, but dithered too long and missed the opportunity to purchase there (and get the VAT refund). Of course this elevated them to "One That Got Away" status, so I hunted them down online once we were back home. They're very comfortable, and before wearing the first time I treated with Apple Garde' to keep that grey suede looking good. Here in LA, I'll wear these almost year-round.

Stepping out of my comfort zone with light wash jeans.
Have you stepped out of your style comfort zone lately? How did it feel?

Head to toe:

Earrings: kate spade, no longer available.  Similar.
Scarf: Eileen Fisher, from last summer. Similar.
Sweater: Eileen Fisher. Same shape, different color (and on sale!).
Tank: Eileen Fisher, several colors available here.
Watch: Michael Kors, here.
Jeans: NYDJ, here.
Boots: Étoile Isabel Marant, here.

I'm linking up with Visible Monday at Not Dead Yet Style. Head over and see what everyone's wearing this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment