Sunday, June 9, 2013

Looks on Campus: Lindsey – UNC Chapel Hill

As freshmen, we all fill our closets with tons of items in our school colors. Then, once we graduate, we wonder what do with it all! Luckily for Lindsey, her school colors – blue and white – can be easily incorporated to a “non-college-campus” wardrobe. (Although she actually doesn’t have to worry about that anytime soon – ah, freshmen are so lucky!)

Lindsey 101

Student street style at unc chapel hill
Name: Lindsey
School: UNC Chapel Hill
Year: Freshman
Major: Biology
Hometown: Raleigh, North Carolina

Let’s Talk Fashion

Where is your outfit from? “Everything is from a J. Crew outlet store except for my shoes – they’re from Target.”
Who or what inspires your style? “I get a lot of inspiration from Pinterest! I pin a lot of Chanel because it’s always so classic but relevant.”
Where do you like to shop? “I mainly shop at local boutiques, and, clearly, J. Crew! I like to get as much from the outlet as possible.”
How would you describe your sense of style? “Classic and preppy.”
Why did you choose this particular outfit? “It’s new so I was excited to wear it! I also feel like these pieces are always in style and can be appropriate for a lot of occasions.”
What fashion advice would you give to other students looking to improve their style? “Buy a few timeless, simple pieces that will always look good and you can change them up with accessories.”
What are your favorite trends right now? “I used to be really into chevron, but I’ve gone back to just loving big stripes. I also love flow-y shirts – they’re so easy to style!”
What do you do for fun – do you have any unique hobbies or interests? “I play a ton of volleyball. I’m also so obsessed with watching Downton Abbey!”
If you could raid anyone’s closet, who would it be and why?Kate Spade! Her style is really similar to mine, and she has so many classic pieces in her line.”
Confession time! What is the funniest fashion faux pas you have committed? “I had this Christmas dress when I was little that I would wear year-round. Seriously, I would wear it in April!”
Elements of Lindsey’s Outfit
1. Stylish School Pride
Striped jcrew skirt at unc chapel hill
Lindsey stands out in a sea of blue and white tees and shorts in this J. Crew Factory skirt, while still showing her school pride. The bright blue stripes are also perfect for spring. This skirt could easily be dressed up à la Lindsay, or dressed down for a more casual look for class.
2. Preppy Pearls
Pearls at unc chapel hill
Ah, pearls – a Southern girl staple! Lindsey adds more interest to this classic by really piling them on – the more, the better in this case. This touch of sophistication fits well with her classic look.
3. Classic Watch
Classic wristwatch at unc chapel hill
Lindsey’s watch is timeless (no pun intended), and will ensure she makes it to class on time – and in style!

What do you think?

What do you think of Lindsey’s ensemble? Do you like to use your style to reflect your school spirit? Also, I want to know who thinks they have the craziest school colors! Leave a comment!

No comments:

Post a Comment