Thursday, June 13, 2013

My 6 Favorite Summer Nail Polishes

Summer nail polishes
June marks the official start of summer, which means it’s time to hit the beach, go shopping, hang out with friends, and — of course– start painting your nails with bright, fun colors!
I shared some of my favorite spring nail polishes back in March, and now it’s time to share some of my favorite nail polishes for summer. Scroll down to check out my six fave picks for the season:
1. Essie “Boom Boom Room”
Essie boom boom room
This color is such a pretty, milky pink – it looks absolutely stunning on any skin tone. I love this polish because it’s a couple notches down from an in-your-face neon pink, but still adds an amazingly bright pop of color to your nails! Essie’s nail polishes are some of my faves because of the small brush – it makes painting your nails a breeze.

2. China Glaze “Turned Up Turquoise”
China glaze turned up turquoise
This color is so fun. I love rocking this neon turquoise during the summertime because the color is b-o-l-d. This polish looks especially fab at the pool or beach, but it looks beautiful in and out of the water! The only downside is that this polish is a little sheer, so make sure you apply at least two coats.
3. Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear in “White On”
Sally hansen xtreme wear white on
Want an easy way to look a lot more tan than you actually are during the summer? Wear white nail polish! This bright white shade makes any skin tone look about 10x more bronzed – personally, I use this trick all the time. This polish from Sally Hansen is the most opaque white polish I’ve tried, and for under $3, the price seriously can’t be beat.
4. Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear in “Coral Reef”
Sally hansen xtreme wear coral reef
I’ll admit it: I’m obsessed with the Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear line of colors – they boast such great quality for such a small amount of money. That’s why I had to include another shade from this line. I love bright coral for the summertime (blush, lips, eyes, and nails), and “Coral Reef” is the best coral polish I’ve ever tried. I highly recommend this one if you’re looking for a neon coral fix.
5. Revlon Nail Enamel in “Girly”
Revlon girly
Let me just say that any sparkly nail polish is perfect for the summer, because sparkles mixed with sunlight creates an even more sparkly polish. It’s amazing. I especially love this color from Revlon -  it’s a creme pink-based polish with pink, purple, and blue sparkles. It reminds me of cotton candy! Plus, I love how opaque this color is – you don’t need many coats to get the full effect.
6. Butter London in “Slapper”
Butter London Slapper
I absolutely love Butter London’s nail polishes, but unfortunately, they are on the pricey side at $15 a pop. That’s why I take advantage of sales whenever I can – the quality is definitely unbelievable, so if you can get Butter at a discount, do it!
This polish in particular is amazing for summer – it’s so bright and creamy and reminds me of the ocean waves or a beautiful, clear blue sky. I love blue polishes in general, but during the summertime I think they just look incredible paired with the (hopefully) amazing weather.

No comments:

Post a Comment