Sunday, June 9, 2013

My Beauty Routine

Wanna do something fun? Let’s change up the regular old “what’s in my bag” posts and jazz it up, beauty-style. If you’re a blogger and you want to participate, just post YOUR beauty routine with pics of what’s on your counter, and link back to it here (I will be waiting for you)! I’ll collect your entries and post them in a special separate roundup post. If you aren’t a blogger, just tell us in the comments below what your beauty routine consists of. Love to hear what you have to say!

My beauty routine borders on religious fervor. I absolutely cannot stray from my normal face-washing routine without feeling a) utterly gross, or b) terrified my face will break out into one giant pimple. So I guess it’s less religious passion and more bowel-emptying-terror.
Whatever works.
Now, any casual reader will point out that this is most definitely not all-encompassing. “Where’s the blush?” You’d ask. “Where’s the lipstick?” “Where’s the toothbrush?” Oh, ye of little faith. I’m only showing you the interesting things, mmkay? Sheesh.
  • Boots No 7 Protect & Perfect Intense Beauty Serum – smooths on like silk; whether it actually does anything is less certain, but it just feels darn good and works as a great light moisturizer if you have oily or aging skin.
  • Voluminous Million Lashes – works pretty well for what it claims, it separates your lashes giving them great definition without much volume. Some may scoff, but I think it’s better to lift and separate than to risk having clumpy goopy lashes! So I always opt for those types of mascaras rather than “fattening” mascaras.
  • Sensodyne Pronamel toothpaste – I have sensitive teeth. Alert the media!!
  • Rohto V. Arctic eye drops – available at any CVS, Walgreens, or other drug store, this is a miracle for outfit posts and party pics. It whitens your eyes like crazy, and models swear by it. It burns like a bitch every time, though!
  • Moroccanoil Light Oil Treatment – because apparently blonde or fine hair needs something special…this is the Light version of Moroccanoil goodness that everyone swears by. I just love how it makes my hair smell and how soft it is after blow drying. I live for this stuff!!
  • Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation – I’ve vlogged about this stuff, but it is insanely amazing. Looks like I am wearing not a drop of foundation. But I am….Oh, I am.
  • Embryolisse Lait-Crême Concentré – Makeup artists swear by it. The moisturizer every girl should own. When it’s a staple for the pros, it’s good enough for me. It even doubles as a makeup remover and primer, but I just use it as moisturizer in the morning and it. is. heaven.
  • Black & White bleaching cream – it’s a tube of 2% hydroquinone, and my days spent working in a dermatologist’s office after college taught me that hydroquinone is any woman’s best friend. Prescription strength is 4% but I bought this 2% tube at my drugstore for chump change. It works great to lighten sun damage, sun spots, melasma (face mask hyperpigmentation of pregnancy or using OCP’s), and red marks that acne can leave behind. Works even better with some retinol cream, but I use it alone out of laziness.
  • Premium Cotton Rounds – these are a staple for any girl’s makeup routine! Duh! I like these which have a smooth side (not shown) and a ribbed side.
There you have it – my beauty routine as of late! Go ahead and post your own beauty routine in the comments below (just tell us, or link to a blog post). Make sure to link to this post in your own blog post so your readers can find everyone else’s! I’ll be keeping track of your submissions and will post them in a roundup soon! I’ve added a Linky to make it super easy to add your blog posts about your beauty routine!

No comments:

Post a Comment