Thursday, June 13, 2013

To Opal Or Not



Last year during allergy season, I noticed puffiness under my eyes.  This is definitely orange alert for me!!  In a frenzy I went on Sephora and Amazon, bought all the top-rated eye products that claimed to reduce puffiness.  However, after applying at least 10 of these creams, gels, imitation cucumber pads on my eyes, I saw no improvement in my situation.  Not only that, my eyes started hurting or feeling itchy all the time.  In fact, on my flight to Floria last winter, I had so much pain in my eyes that I couldn’t even read a book or look at the TV screen in front of me.  I looked around me – all these other people seem to have no problems whatsoever with their eyes.  Just when I was ready to cry over how unfair life is, a thought miraculously popped into my head.  Maybe it’s the random eye products I’m using that’re giving me all this grief.  What if I DON’T use anything?!
During that whole vacation, I applied nothing to my eye area.  Only a face moisturizer on my cheeks, that’s it!  Not sure exactly at which moment my eyes stopped bothering me,  I just seemed to remember less and less about the itchiness or the tearing up problem as if they never occurred.  In the pictures that I took for myself, the puffiness was gone.

Lesson learned.  This year I’m not spending money on anything.  Well, not until I saw Clarisonic Opal Sonic Infusion System.  If I ever have the under eye puffiness again, this could come handy, right?  All the reviews are raving about it.  And it looks super cute!  I bought it over Thanksgiving and tried it on my face.  During the first two days I pressed the device against my face so hard that I almost crushed my orbital bone.  Now I just let it dance lightly under my eye area.  Actually once you turn it on, it seems to have a life of its own.  It’s been a week and a half, I’m still not sure if it’s actually doing anything to my delicate under eye skin.  There’re days that I looked better than my baseline and I marveled, ” This thing really works!”  And there’re other days I see no difference.  If anyone of you has used this device, please tell me your experience!  I still have 80 days to go before the money back guarantee runs out :)
If you want to try it, this little device comes in white, black, red and blue.

No comments:

Post a Comment